[GNC] General Ledger

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Mar 17 01:27:39 EDT 2020

There are no specific ‘ending balances’ except the balance as of the last transaction in any account.

The details between that and the opening balances are simply every transaction in that account. There is no other ‘detail’ or ’summary’ that is relevant or even available in *any* software.

In GnuCash, you can view that by viewing an account register.

If you want a printable report format, open said account, and run an Account Report.

Otherwise, maybe what you are looking for is called the Trial Balance Report.

You can also run a Transaction Report showing all transactions between certain dates (presumably opening date and whatever you want your closing date to be) for any, all, or certain accounts - all in one report, sorted as needed. (by date, or account, or both, one before the other, as desired)

Barring that, the Balance Sheet report itself will show you the ‘ending’ balances of all accounts. (save that Income and Expense accounts will be summarized with a single line in the report called ‘Retained Earnings’ or ‘Retained Losses’)

Regards,
Adrien