[GNC] configuring scroll bars

mcmurchy1917techy mcmurchy1917techy at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 18 13:33:47 EDT 2020

The full screen / off full screen makes no difference. The character in
the scroll bar up/down buttons is missing.

So far I've now looked at three GTK3 based applications - gnucash,
libreoffice and firefox.

For all three applications, I can alter the width of the scrollbar by
editing the appropriate settings in the file .config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

  * gnucash under normal circumstances doesn't have the up/down
    character in the button at either end of the scrollbar. When a
    dialog is started a character does appear in the up/down buttons of
    the scrollbar, but incorrectly it contains left/right chevrons in
    the buttons.
  * libreoffice doesn't have any up/down character in the button at
    either end of the scrollbar, even if i start one of its dialogs.
  * firefox does have the correct up/down characters in the button at
    either end of the scrollbar.

firefox is interesting  in that it appears to be behaving correctly, so
it might give me a handle on what the problem is.

Alex