[GNC] General Ledger

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Wed Mar 18 18:33:36 EDT 2020

On 3/18/2020 1:52 PM, Stephen M. Butler wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> I give my CPA three items:
>
> 1.  Balance Sheet.
>
> 2.  Profit Loss statement
>
> 3.  Transaction Report of all transactions for the year sorted by
> account and then by date within account.

That last is the "general ledger" (when for all accounts). As I noted
earlier, the NAMES gnucash uses for reports can be confusing.  There
isn't a way around this  in many cases because what some of these
reports would be called depends on the type of entity. Thus the report
named "Income Statement" would be called "Profit and Loss" if the entity
is a for profit enterprise but "Statement of Revenues and Expenses" by
an organization/non-profit.

Michael D Novack