[GNC] configuring scroll bars

mcmurchy1917techy mcmurchy1917techy at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 19 11:03:11 EDT 2020

I seem to have a resolution that works for me.

I've kept as packaged the /usr/share/themes/Breeze/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

I've created abespoke .config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css in my home directory. See
below.

> @import 'colors.css';
>
> scrollbar {
>         -GtkScrollbar-has-backward-stepper: true;
>         -GtkScrollbar-has-forward-stepper: true;
>         min-width: 24px;
>         min-height: 24px;
> }
>
> scrollbar button {
>         min-width: 24px;
>         min-height: 24px;
>         color: black;
> }
>
> scrollbar slider {
>         min-width: 24px;
>         min-height: 24px;
> }
>
> scrollbar.vertical button.up {
>         -gtk-icon-source: -gtk-icontheme("pan-up-symbolic");
> }
>
> scrollbar.vertical button.down {
>         -gtk-icon-source: -gtk-icontheme("pan-down-symbolic");
> }
>
> scrollbar.horizontal button.up {
>         -gtk-icon-source: -gtk-icontheme("pan-start-symbolic");
> }
>
> scrollbar.horizontal button.down {
>         -gtk-icon-source: -gtk-icontheme("pan-end-symbolic");
> }

The code chunk that starts

> scrollbar.vertical button.up {
>         -gtk-icon-source: -gtk-icontheme("pan-up-symbolic");
> }
was suggested by EdGr on the linuxquestions slackware forum.

It seems to do everything I want. Needs some more testing, just to make
sure.

Alex