[GNC] How to record Personal income tax ?

Long Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com
Fri Mar 20 03:27:52 EDT 2020

Hello,

Thank you so much for helping me, guys.
I knew that, it's depend on my local. I just want to know cash flow for that
problems in GnuCash.
I had read some post after read your comment, and i see that, maybe i will
not follow what you told me.
You guys doing the same ways. Create the Liability, and Transfer that amount
to Expense each month for taxable income. I think it's wrong, For example :

1 - If you are parking car, you are not owe to the guard (Who will take your
parking fee when you leave) = Your Revenue is only your, You not owe
anything to government.
2 - When you leave that place, you need to pay the parking fee = When the
year end, you need to pay personal income tax.
3 - You forgot your money to pay parking fee, NOW, you owe to the guard =
You don't have enough money to pay tax, NOW, you owe to the government.

I'm always try to make GnuCash follow to my real life (This is what GnuCash
does). So my decision is i will not create anything "virtual" in GnuCash.

i'm not going to spent 10% of my income to pay tax every month. i just don't
want to spend that 10% of my income every month so that I will have 10% of
my total income at the end of the year to pay personal income tax.

You can have read this post from GnuCash to have more details about this :
- https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Budget_Requirements
>From "But as discussed in previous sections ..... (or else it wont be
accurate)."
>From "They aren't going to spent $100 every month ........ The extreme
disadvantage of this is that reconciling becomes very difficult."

Regards.