[GNC] Contingency Funds was: Re: How to record Personal income tax ?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Mar 21 11:28:32 EDT 2020

Yes, one can simply track the liability, but this goes a step further and attempts to segregate savings to meet it. (the basis of the ‘envelope’ method)

For budgeting purposes, the envelope method isn’t easy with GnuCash and requires lots of extra work, but a simple segregation of funds like you mention is certainly doable. Having an actual additional account at a bank is even better.

From my past readings on the list, there are some here using GnuCash for their churches. Hopefully one will see this thread and chime in.

Do you have some specific issues you’ve encountered so far that you need help with? (If not related to a contingency fund, perhaps start a new thread like you did here, so the topic is more visible)

Regards,
Adrien