[GNC] How to start a new GC file for a new year?

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 21 14:07:23 EDT 2020

I've got data from 1/1/2018 to date in one particular GC file. Tons of transactions
I would like to have a new GC file with just 2020 transactions it it.
Is there an easy way to do this without having to "initialize" the entity in the new file from scratch?
I'm thinking about things like equity, liabilities, assets, expense accounts, customers, AP, AR, and everything else.
alternately is there a way to archive all the 2018 & 2019 transactions so they are still in the system but you don't have to scroll through a zillion transactions in the check register to navigate top to bottom.
Or... maybe a solution for the big fat check register is to create a new asset account called 2020 checking.
thanks for any help.