[GNC] Switching from PC to chromebook

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Mar 26 05:47:25 EDT 2020

On Wednesday, 25 March 2020 21:03:06 GMT Bel Cevallos wrote:
> Hello, all -
> My PC recently died and took with it my amazing gnucash. Thankfully, I
> backed everything up so I have the backup files, but my new computer is a
> Chromebook. I looked online to see if I could find ways of importing the
> backup file to the gnucash app but have been completely unsuccessful. Could
> you help me out, please?
>
> Bel

Hi Bel,

assuming that you have a working installation of gnucash on your new machine,
all you actually need to do is File->Open (within GC) and navigate to the data
file that you have backed up.

Note. saved customised reports are not saved in the data file but are in a
"hidden" folder within your user files tree.

The Wiki contains info about what you might find, and where it might be within
your home folder.

HTH,
Maf.