[GNC] How do I add stock trades?

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sat May 2 03:16:21 EDT 2020

The trading accounts should be created automatically when you buy and sell
shares and stock once the feature is enabled as described in the WIki. You
don't need to create them at all. I have just started on documneting the use
of trading accounts with currency transactions. They appear under their own
top level account Trading of type Trading ( which is a specialized form of
income account) .This will have a subaccount CURRENCY under which the
currency exchange transactions are recorded in subaccounts for each currency
in use. I would expect for stock trades you should get a sub-account
COMMODITY automatically created and under that a trading account for each
commodity/security you have buy/sell transactions for.  I haven't tried to
set it up yet myself but from my experience with the CURRENCY transactions
this is what I would expect to happen.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens