[GNC] How do I add stock trades?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat May 2 12:19:09 EDT 2020

I haven’t done stock tracking either, so I can’t comment on if you get commodity entries in that tree or not, but as far as I understand them, normally, you are *not* doing transactions in them directly. Your transactions are entered between your various assets denominated in either your book currencies or funds/stock, etc. GnuCash will auto-create the needed Trading Accounts splits to keep everything in balance. It is rare you should have to touch those Trading splits yourself.

Certainly, you shouldn’t have manually created accounts in the Trading tree containing your manually entered investment transactions. All investments go under Assets.

Regards,
Adrien