[GNC] AqBanking for Canadian banks

Evenmoreconfused paul at kroitor.ca
Sat May 2 12:47:18 EDT 2020

Nelson wrote
> Just wondering if anyone was successful in setting up any Canadian banks
> for
> online banking in GnuCash. Thanks for sharing.

I download transactions from several Canadian banks (BMO, TD, CIBC)  in
three different GnuCash files on a regular basis. Works just fine.

I simply select OFX format (sometimes called MS-Money) and let Firefox
download into the downloads folder. Then I go into GnuCash and use File >
Import > Import OFX/QFX...

I imagine there are more automated ways of achieving this, but I'm a bit of
a control freak and hate cleaning up the messes that happen when something
goes awry. This way is roughly the way I like it, actually.