[GNC] Payroll Report

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sun May 3 11:07:40 EDT 2020

On 5/2/2020 11:40 PM, D. via gnucash-user wrote:
> Since each of the lines has its own account, that should be eminently possible with a transaction report. I have something just like this to track my personal wage situation--a W-2 in US tax parlance. It's just a simple transaction report for the proper time period, using only the accounts in question, showing totals only.
>
> I can forward a sample if you need more detail.
>
> David T.

THAT is the key matter. Is the DATA for a report in the format shown
available from gnucash.

It would be possible for us programmer types to create a report from
within gnucash to do this. But as I have pointed out many times, when I
began with gnucash was advised "don't bother". Just export the DATA out
of gnucash and use a favorite full power editor to create the pretty
printed finished report as requested.

The reason is that there will always be another special report wanted*.
No end to the possibilities, which is why I was advised not to bother
trying.

Michael D Novack

* Mind, in my working days, creating special reports wanted by a client
was one of my specialties. This is not quite the same situation. There
it was saving client time doing REPEATED work for the SAME report wanted
over and over. The problem here is that would NOT be the same finished
report. You have shown us how YOUR accountant wants it formatted (the
final pretty printed report) . That won't be the same format somebody
else's accountant wants it.