[GNC] Porting the Tutorial & Concepts Guide to ReadTheDocs.org

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed May 6 01:45:00 EDT 2020

Could be it just hasn’t been seen widely yet. Posts here are odd beasts in that some get lots of activity and others nary a peep. Being that they are mail, this may be a semi-permanent condition for a thread.

I’ll hazard a guess that it may have been appealing more for potential documenters than readers, and probably not something a casual user would comment on. If would-be documenters haven’t seen the thread or investigated...

Don’t sweat it. I’ll offer the perspective that while I’m not very chatty on this particular topic here on the list at the moment, I initially like the idea and I’ll look more into it for working on the documentation and as a user. But I can’t promise a flurry of testing or commentary on a specific time frame, with my 7000 irons in 30 fires. I’m sure I’m not the only one in that boat, odd as it may seem. I also have some previous GC ‘projects’ I’ve started that I’d like to finish before the 4.0 freeze, though they just involve some research and beta testing mostly.

I suspect something major like moving documentation to a new platform won’t happen for 4.0, though that isn’t out of the question. I personally would like to see its development move to something with less of a hurdle or learning curve as that could include more seasoned users who aren’t build savvy.

Regards,
Adrien