[GNC] XML vs SQL data integrity question

Jeff beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Thu May 7 01:07:06 EDT 2020

This has probably been discussed here before but; I'm going ask anyway.
Which do most people find more reliable with GNC, SQL or the default
XML?  And are there any features I would lose other than the rollback
ability with SQL?

I'm getting tired of having to track down account and report issues
every time Windoze 10 hiccups.  I use the default XML, uncompressed.
One set of books has been corrupted several times, I'm assuming when
Windoze just simply kills the GNC program out of the blue.  I have
another set of books for a business that so far, knock on wood,  the
only problem is sometimes various buttons have to be selected multiple
times to work then all of the windows open in GNC blur while processing
then go back to normal display.

My computers are all networked and dual boot Windoze and Ubuntu, so I
would need SQL on both sides if I switch over.  I'm leaning towards
PostgreSQL (pro's, con's?  Suggestions?).

--
--JEffrey Black M.B.A.