[GNC] XML vs SQL data integrity question

Stu Perlman sgperlman at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:37:05 EDT 2020

I'm running MySQL for a GNC backend.  I switched about 4 months ago.  So
far, so good and I love the ability to have direct access to mostly
normalized data whenever I want.
Every so often, if I leave my computer idle for a long time I'll get a
failed to save to database error if GNC was left running - but that's my
only complaint.

I am running GNC and MySQL on my Windows 10 system.  I recently set up an
Ubuntu system to see if I like that better than Windows for a personal
computer.  I have been able to access the GNC db from Ubuntu across my
home network, again trouble-free.  Running GNC on either Windows or Ubuntu
has been seamless as far as the data goes.  If I were going to keep both
environments around for the long term, I would probably want to figure out
how to share the non-database stuff between the two such as saved report
configurations, preferences, etc ...

Good luck!