[GNC] XML vs SQL data integrity question

Finfort finfort at gmail.com
Thu May 7 14:06:54 EDT 2020

 I use Ubuntu with Postgresql, saving sometimes to XML.

Had a lot of troubles in Windows with XML.

> On May 7, 2020 at 19:21,  <Gregory Gincley (mailto:rollenwiese at fastmail.net)>  wrote:
>

>  Sounds like you have a couple of issues happening there. I have no experience with Windows, but I've used the postgres backend in linux for many years without issue. I also periodically save to the XML format as a backup. -Greg On Thu, 2020-05-07 at 00:07 -0500, Jeff wrote:  >  This has probably been discussed here before but; I'm going ask  >  anyway.  >  Which do most people find more reliable with GNC, SQL or the default  >  XML? And are there any features I would lose other than the  >  rollback  >  ability with SQL?  >   >  I'm getting tired of having to track down account and report issues  >  every time Windoze 10 hiccups. I use the default XML,  >  uncompressed.  >  One set of books has been corrupted several times, I'm assuming when  >  Windoze just simply kills the GNC program out of the blue. I have  >  another set of books for a business that so far, knock on wood, the  >  only problem is sometimes various buttons have to be selected  >  multiple  >  times to work then
 all of the windows open in GNC blur while  >  processing  >  then go back to normal display.  >   >  My computers are all networked and dual boot Windoze and Ubuntu, so  >  I  >  would need SQL on both sides if I switch over. I'm leaning towards  >  PostgreSQL (pro's, con's? Suggestions?).  >  _______________________________________________ gnucash-user mailing list gnucash-user at gnucash.org To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe: https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user If you are using Nabble or Gmane, please see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists for more information. ----- Please remember to CC this list on all your replies. You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.