[GNC] Porting the Tutorial & Concepts Guide to ReadTheDocs.org

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Thu May 7 14:29:10 EDT 2020

On 2020-05-06 20:46, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> I’ve found myself searching the docs just to find a reference to point to, and then either found the docs lacking, not clear, or the search simply taking longer than just typing out an answer. I’m not sure if there is a resolution for such cases. They may always exist.

The traditional way, in companies where I've worked, is to enter a bug
report against the documentation, preferably with specific suggested
text and specific reference to where it belongs. At least that way the
information is not lost. And it's only a little more work than answering
a person in a mailing list.

That doesn't solve the problem of long-standing bugs not getting fixed.
I don't have a good solution or that, in an environment where the
documenters, like the coders, are all volunteers and get to pick and
choose what they want to work on, without necessarily basing that choice
on what will benefit the greatest number of users.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com
https://OakRoadSystems.com