[GNC] Is there a better way enter multi-currency split transaction?

Davy Roid davyroid at gmail.com
Sat May 16 05:19:52 EDT 2020

Not sure whether this is a software limitation or there is a better way to
do this. For example, the following memorized transaction for recording
stock dividend in USD and Dividend Income in EUR

                           Totalal Deposit             Withdrawal
Asset\Citibank\USD            100.00
Trading\Currency\EUR           92.00
Asset\Stock\ABC
Income\Dividend                                           92.00
Trading\Currency\USD                                     100.00

My experience is the first time I enter this transaction in the Bank's USD
account, the exchange rate screen will popup and convert USD 100.00 to EUR
92 in Income\Dividend. All I have to do is to add a dummy split to indicate
the relevant stock for this dividend.

However, if I re-enter this transaction with USD 50.00 using the memorized
transaction feature, only the first split transaction will be updated with
"50.00" and I have to manually change the remain
 3 figures. Exchange rate windows won't popup to calculate the currency
conversion.

Just in case you guys have a better way to enter this, please share.

Thanks in advance

Davy

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>