[GNC] Reconciliation "R" column question

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon May 18 09:57:07 EDT 2020

Hi,

The three* values (at least in English) are n, c, and y.

Yes, you may freely swap between n and c in the register.  It just causes
a recomputation of account balances.

I do not believe you can get to 'y' without going through formal
reconciliation.  I.e., I don't think you can type 'y' in there and have it
be accepted, although I admit I've never tried to do that.  It would be
missing the "reconcile date" metadata for one thing.

Hope this helps.

-derek

* There is also a 'v' (void) status.

On Mon, May 18, 2020 9:41 am, Fran_3 via gnucash-user wrote:
> In Help 2.94 Reconciliation... "R" column choices are...
> n = not cleared the bankc = cleared the bankr = Reconciled
> I've got the GnuCash Check Register open in one window and I'm logged on
> to the bank in another window looking at recent transactions...I'm trying
> to make sure each bank transaction has been entered into GC.I'm not doing
> a formal monthly reconciliation... this is just an end of day check up.
>
> Question 1: May I freely change "n" and "c" back and forth while looking
> at the check register?Question 2: I understand that if you enter "r" in
> the "R" field it is hard to change back... true?
> Thanks for any help.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745