[GNC] Use of Webkit-GTK in GNC

Mark Sutton mes at lazo.ca
Mon May 18 14:51:04 EDT 2020

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 10:48:12AM -0700, John Ralls wrote:
> Don't hijack threads, it's rude. Start a new one when you have a new question.
>
> OFX Direct Connect is just like importing an OFX or QFX file downloaded from your bank's website except that it will connect to the bank and get the OFX file for you.

I hope this does not seem like a hijack, but this discussion made me think
I should ask a question that has been on my mind since Jan.
What is the use profile of webkit in gnucash. I thought for some reason
it only was used to render reports  created by gnucash. ie. never interacts
with foreign data. Is that correct? I wonder because of remote exploit-ability
of versions prior to 2.26.3.

Thanks, Mark