[GNC] What does OFX Direct Connect do?

jean laroche ripngo at gmail.com
Tue May 19 01:39:10 EDT 2020

On 5/18/2020 9:38 PM, GWB wrote:
> When GnuCash imports OFX transactions, it can tell (almost always?
> most of the time?) if that particular transaction has already been
> recorded in the ledger.  I find that helpful.  The most time consuming
> part of the process for me is assigning categories, transfer accounts,
> and determining if it is a split transaction (that I usually do in
> another step after importing).

You'd be better off assigning accounts ("categories") from the import
matching dialog, not after the fact, because that's the only time the
bayesian matching learns.
If you do it after the fact, GC will never learn to assign accounts
based on your history. In my experience, it becomes very good at it, so
now I almost never have to correct an assigned transfer account (category).
Jean