[GNC] Tip: Transaction Report to Spreadsheet - Quick & Easy - Yes?

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Tue May 19 19:43:07 EDT 2020

The reason GnuCash does not associate accounts automatically with those in
the file they have just been exported from is not really surprising at all.
If I have exported records from GnuCash it is highly unlikely that I am
going to reimport them into the same data file. It is far more likely that i
will import them into another data file which  may not necessarily and more
than likely will not have the same account structure.

The second reason is that the CSV importer deals with  the import of  data
from many more sources than GnuCash itself and it has to have the
flexibility to cope with much more than simply importing its own export
data. The current version is a considerable improvemnt over the past CSV
import process.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens