[GNC] Anyone using GnuCash to account for US PPP or EIDL funds?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat May 23 11:45:33 EDT 2020

In general, I’d say this is an accounting question - for a local, certified, qualified accountant, not for the list.

But, to the basic question of how to ID some transactions for reporting purposes, you have a few options.

#1 - you can use the Notes field to put some sort of label, tag, or descriptive info to indicate what the expense is for. You’ll need to use View > Double Line to see it. (You could also put this in the description itself, but using a different field is ‘cleaner’)

#2 - same, but rather put that label/tag/info in the Memo field of the relevant split.

#3 - again, same, but use the Action field

For reporting you have a couple of options:

A - Run a Find on the field you placed the label/tag/info to get a resulting transaction list, then run an Account Report on that results tab

B - If you used option #1 above, you can go straight to a Transaction Report and use the Filter option to give you only transactions matching the label/tag/info

Regards,
Adrien