[GNC] is there a transaction limit on converting xml to mysql

Jeff beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Mon May 25 05:43:49 EDT 2020

With the help of another member of the GNC users group I was able to get
MySQL (on Windoze 10) to work with book files that contain a couple of
years worth of records and basically a default checkbook register
setup.  I need to convert a set of books that contains 20+ years of
transactions in the neighborhood of 100 accounts and goodness knows ow
many transactions.

But every time I try to save as a MySQL file the "save as MySql" errors
out and locks up GNC  after about 15 minutes (have to kill it with task
manager).  The message is encountered corrupt data, and I cannot find an
error log anywhere.

I tried exporting as a GNC CSV file and importing it into a MySQL file.
Same problem.  Also tried 5 year exports, same problem. (note could not
get PostgreSQL to work either).

Is there a maximum number of transactions that GNC will convert to
MySQL?  Or is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

Once I can get MySQL on Windoze working I will need to get it working on
a network with Windoze and Ubuntu but that is a question for later.

Using: Version: 3.8 Build ID: 3.8b+(2019-12-29) Finance::Quote: - on
Windoze 10 Pro and Windoze 10.  Also the last stable release of Ubuntu
(sorry don't remember the version, 18.04lts I think).

--
--JEffrey Black M.B.A.