[GNC] Bizarre happenings

John Bonnett jbonnett at internode.on.net
Mon Nov 2 00:03:51 EST 2020

I had this happening to me a while back, and what it turned out to it
was the Options dialog was coming up on another screen I had attached to
my computer, actually in the room next door, so I was not seeing it. A
helpful person on this list reminded me about this possibility.

If you have more than one screen on your computer and are running
Windows 10, you can get to see the dialog like this.

While you are in the report, click on the Options button in the toolbar.

If you don't see the dialog, you can bring it to your screen by pressing
Win-Shift-Left or Win-Shift-Right depending on whether the other screen
is to the left or right of the one you are looking at. You can do both
because it will ignore you if you go the wrong way (unless you have 3
screens of course!)

Win is the Windows key, Shift is the shift key and Left/Right are the
arrow keys. These commands move the window that has the focus so they
will only work just after you have called the dialog and not clicked
anywhere else that might change the focus.

This behaviour is quite puzzling and seems to make the program freeze if
the hidden dialog is modal. It can happen with other programs than GNC too.