[GNC] Price retrieval

randix butterandsalt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 18:27:42 EST 2020

Ok, so after my last post, I figured I better read the user manual as it's
been a long time since I've installed GnuCash.  Appears to me that I need to
"install" the Finance::Quote module.  However, despite the documentation, I
cannot find the "Gnucash Start Group"-- all it includes is the exe file (I'm
running Windows 10 Pro)... in the start group Gnucash exe simply appears
under the Financial folder.

I did try and run gnc-fq-check via the bin folder and it confirmed I need to
install Finance::Quote.  When I run gnc-fq-update from the bin folder it
stops at c:\strawb~/\c\bin\gmake.exe -- ok.

So I throw myself at your mercy, do I need new glasses or where do i look to
install Finance::Quote.