[GNC] Price retrieval

randix butterandsalt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:46:42 EST 2020

I sincerely appreciate your response, however, as reflected in the attached
piks:

1. I do NOT have a GnuCash group in the Start menu, only the exe file
appears, as reflected in the attached screenshot, so I can't access the
"Install Online Price Retrieval" from there;

2. If I do a search for "Install Online Price Retrieval for Gnucash" off the
search option on the taskbar, it only brings up hits on the web, nothing to
run on my own laptop, as reflected in the attached screenshot.

So color me confused.  I'm running Windows 10 Professional, on a brand new
Dell XPS 13 laptop.

I should also mention that on my other laptop, also a Dell XPS 13, also
which is running Windows 10 Pro, which I also have Gnucash installed running
4.2 and which I've been using without a problem for the past couple of
years, the price module works fine... however, as in the case of the brand
new laptop described above, on this laptop GnuCash ALSO has NO folder in the
start menu, and if you do a search for the retrieval off the taskbar, it
also only brings up hits on the web.  I have no recollection how I
successfully installed it on this laptop, but I must have done something
right, cause it runs perfectly.

g1.jpg <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t374961/g1.jpg>
g2.jpg <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t374961/g2.jpg>