[GNC] Price retrieval

randix butterandsalt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 10:39:41 EST 2020

Geert... just to put a cap on this thread (it has a good ending)...

1. The Dell XPS 13 that was involved is not a 2-1 version (which Dell does
offer), it has a standard Windows 10 Professional install with no optional
tablet version as far as I'm aware.  I have no idea why the Start menu does
not reflect a "group" for GnuCash, only the exe file, etc.

2. I had previously tried to run "C:\Program Files
(x86)\gnucash\bin\install-fq-mods.cmd" but it stopped at
"c:/strawb~/\c\bin\gmake.exe -- ok." and it stopped there for such a "long
time" that I assumed it got stuck there for whatever reason.  I did try
running it again this morning and it again stopped at that point, but this
time I just went and took the proverbial "walk around the block", and it
finally did resume and the install was successful.

/So I have no explanation why the option does not appear in the Start menu,
nor when you type it in the search window on the task bar, but running the
CMD file in the bin folder did work, I just wasn't being patient enough
(something I seem to recall I've been told once or twice in my life on other
endeavors)./

In any event, thanks for your response.