[GNC] Gnucash with new Apple Silicon Macs (Nov. 2020)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Nov 12 23:05:51 EST 2020

> On Nov 12, 2020, at 5:43 AM, Alvaro Aguilar <aguilar.av at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am contemplating getting a new Mac mini for home. Now that Apple has
> moved away from Intel processors, is there any plan to have a new release
> of gnucash to work in this new computer? Will the old version still work?

The Intel builds work. I've been testing with a developer transition kit since July. Running the current build works fine, but there are still a few dependencies that don't. Until either those teams fix the problems or I write patches for those I can figure out (there are a couple that use assembly language that I won't be able to do anything with) there can't be a native Apple Silicon build of GnuCash. That might take a while.

Regards,
John Ralls