[GNC] Tweaks

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Nov 13 09:56:47 EST 2020

Graham,

Please reply to the list (gnucash-user at gnucash.org) instead of me directly.
Usually reply to all will handle that correctly for you.

GnuCash 2.6 won't interfere at all. It's gtk2 based, which is not using css
yet. GnuCash 4.2 is Gtk3 based.

As for where the files are stored: we have a wiki page with lots of details:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations

The GnuCash Gtk3 wiki page refers to this page in multiple locations to give
you a more precise hint as to where to create or modify files.

In particular for you, you'll want to create the file "gtk-3.0.css" in the
directory we refer to as "GNC_CONFIG_HOME". As per the configuration location
page for flatpaks this directory is
$HOME/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/config/gnucash

And for completeness, $HOME/.gnucash is the location of configuration files
for gnucash 2.6 and older. GnuCash 3.0 and newer use different locations per
platform (and flatpak on linux is a different platform that plain linux, hence
the distinction on the configuration locations page).

Regards,

Geert