[GNC] Is there any easy way to produce monthly reports?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Nov 13 11:01:00 EST 2020

Exporting the report will save it as an HTML file. I don't know about
Excel, but Libreoffice Calc can import this just fine using the 'Insert
Sheet From File' menu option.

Otherwise, you can 'select all' with the report visible and then paste
into a blank spreadsheet. (CTRL/CMD+A should handle the select-all in
any OS, otherwise drag and select works too.)

You may want to instead 'paste special' or 'paste unformatted text'.
(some apps/OSs use 'paste and match style') That will use the formatting
of your spreadsheet app instead of the formatting of GnuCash. (mostly
just font, size, and color)

Be mindful during the paste or import, if you get a dialog asking for
column delimiters, to *uncheck* the comma, as that will break columns
where they appear in numerical figures. Most such dialogs will usually
give you a brief content preview so you can see how the columns will lay
out based on the options selected.

This is standard procedure for further modifying any GnuCash report.

Regards,
Adrien