[GNC] Apparent Miscalculation

Eric Coates TwistedWood at talktalk.net
Sat Nov 14 16:23:31 EST 2020

John

The heading for the column starting with £15824.56 is "Present(GBP)"
... for the column starting €14805.44 is "Total"

I agree that the bottom three amounts in the first column adds up to
£15824.56

Also
The total value of the three stock in Euro terms (see below) is €14805.44

The price of the shares and the Euro/Pound exchange rate were obtained
at (about) 1000 GMT this morning (ie approximately 11 hours ago). I
"froze" the book at that time so that I could work with fixed values.

The full details for each share follows:

Airbus
114 shares @ €85.56   equals €9753.84 @ (€0.89662 = £1) thus value
=£8745.49 *NOT £11631.65*

Deutsche Post
80 shares @ €38.92   equals €3113.60 @ (€0.89662 = £1) thus value
=£2791.72 *NOT £2361.44*
**
SAP
19 shares @ €102.00 equals €1938.00 @ (€0.89662 = £1) thus value
=£1737.65 *NOT £1831.77*

For completeness:
The implied Euro/Pound exchange rates for
Airbus                 (the conversion of €9753.84 to £11631.65) 1.1925
Deutsche Post (the conversion of €3113.60 to  £2791.72)  0.7584
SAP (the conversion of €1938.00 to £1831.77)    0.9452

Take care

Eric

*

*