[GNC] Budget screen Grand Total

Andrew awarren at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 14 20:52:03 EST 2020

Hi All

I have just rolled from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04 and note a difference in
the GNUCash app versions making it more difficult to for me to manage my
expenses.

Current Ubuntu 20 GNU Cash Version

     Version: 3.8
     Build ID: 3.8b+(2019-12-29)
     Finance::Quote: 1.49

Version under Ubuntu 18

     Version 2.6.19

In previous version there was a total line at the very bottom of the
budget screen that allowed me to see which months were over/under spent
allowing me to forecast future issues in my cash flow. Is there a way to
turn this back on in settings or can it be reintroduced. I am a 60  year
old creature of habit and I have had to reinstall Ubuntu 18 alongside
20 just to use older version of GNU Cash which served my purpose.

The Income/Expenses/Liabilities used to be grand totaled at the very
bottom and updated on live updates of the budget above . Now it does not.

Many thanks in anticipation of a reply.

Cheers

Andrew