[GNC] How to Manually Match transactions

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Thu Nov 19 15:04:27 EST 2020

On 11/19/20 10:29 AM, Griff wrote:
> Here is a very simple question but I can't figure out how to do this.
> I have searched the documentation and this mailing list.
>
> How do I manually match 2 transactions:
>
> I have 2 account that have had data imported via qfx.
>
> Account 1 (credit card) has a transaction on 2020-01-19 that is a payment
> for $amount which is the credit card payment from checking account
>
> Account 2 (bank account) has a transaction on 2020-01-21 that is a
> withdrawal for $amount which is the checking account payment to the credit
> card.
>
> The Transfer for the transactions in each account are currently  set to
> Imbalance-USD. When I change the Account 1 transaction Transfer field to
> Account 2 - a new transaction is created in Account 2 instead of matching
> to the existing one.
> _

Manually -- you pick one of those dates and enter a single transaction.

I usually have the bank payment entered in by hand and then do an OFX
import of the CC file.  The match happens automatically during the
import.  You can't do the match afterwards without manually removing one
of them and adjusting the other.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com