[GNC] GST: how to

Lokesh Yagnik yagniklokesh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 00:45:09 EST 2020

Dear all,

I am quite new to Gnucash and have started using it for personal and
business accounting. I keep the two on separate files. I have created all
the relevant accounts and have been entering them manually so far.
I have just learned how to import transactions via csv file. Fantastic!

I have set up the business side of things to a separate bank account so all
incomes and expenses are managed through it alone.
Question is regarding tracking GST. How do you record GST charged to you ?
so as to be able to claim it in the future.   Do you put it via two
separate transactions?

Thanks in advance

Lokesh