[GNC] Create Chart to Forecast Future Cash Flow

Chris Gifford chris_g at gifnet.us
Mon Nov 23 12:47:54 EST 2020

Hello all,

I am relatively new to Linux computing and new to GNU Cash and
considering to move from Microsoft Money. However, Microsoft Money has
the capability to graph future cash flow based on scheduled transactions
for any date range. It also has the capability of changing one scheduled
transaction in the future.  The only app that even comes close to this
capability is Quicken, however it only allows you to change the next
transaction.  And it has a lot of flaws that MS Money does not.

I am hoping there is a way to add this type of capability to GNU Cash,
however, I don't even see any  charts in the default set of reports,
only HTML based text reports.  I understand GNU Cash is open source and
I am programmer but before I even start a project of this magnitude, I
was wondering if anyone has tried creating charts such as the one below
and if so what the process is.

Thank you for any input provided.

MS Money Cash Flow Forecast