[GNC] Import PayPal transactions into GC (Windows)

Jeff Albrecht jeffa at rodaw.com
Wed Nov 25 17:55:09 EST 2020

On 11/25/2020 3:27 PM, Frank H. Ellenberger wrote:

> Gnucash 4.2 on Windows shipped aqbanking-6.2.2, gwenhywfar-5.4.0
> The recent nighlies
> [https://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint/?C=M;O=D] are build with
> aqbanking-6.2.5 and gwenhywfar-5.4.1 I do not remember major changes
> related to the paypal module between them.
>
> Which version did you try at last?

I believe I tried it again with Win 10, GNUCash 4.2 I had some trouble
with the workaround so decided to just wait until I saw some release
notes that it was fixed...

I'm referring to this problem which John Ralls commented on awhile back;

     > On Aug 7, 2020, at 10:34 AM, Jeff Albrecht <jeffa at rodaw.com> wrote:
     >
     > See attached image. Also; This image may be suitable for the
    previously reported broken link in the
    https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect instructions.

     > I believe I started with GNUCash 2.7x converting from Quicken. At
    that time I successfully setup OFX direct connect to my credit
    union. I updated GC a time or two. I guess it broke in a version
    between that but recently I upgraded to 4.1

     > I went through the AqBanking setup wizard and got a list of my
    expected bank accounts. I clicked OK out of there, once back to the
    wizard the 'next' button is ghosted I can't click it to proceed to
    accounts configuration.

     > One thing in the attached account retrieval log image notice the
    '((no bank name)'....' on the three received account lines. Is that
    a problem?

    This is a bug, we think in AQBanking. I've documented the
    work-around and what to do if it fails on
    https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect.

    Regards,
    John Ralls

- Jeff

--
Jeff Albrecht KF7CRU @jhalbrecht /

When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It's pain only for others.

It's the same thing when you are stupid.

/