[GNC] 8.1.1. Find Transaction

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 08:29:13 EDT 2020

Thank you Michael,

I see in your reference that regex came into general use in certain
computer circles at approximately the same time that I was learning about
the radical new analog computing devices called Operational Amplifiers from
their inventor at Northwestern University.  At that time there were few
computer science classes for undergraduates, and I only had time for one of
them in my schedule...

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 6:02 AM Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On 3 Oct 2020, at 11:46, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 03, 2020 at 08:28:43PM +1000, Liz Dodd wrote:

> >> Ok, we're outed.
> >>
> > Quite a lot older I think, I'm in my 70s and have known about REs all
> > of my professional life (software engineer) and I suspect they were
> > around before I came across them.  :-)
>

> The concept of a regular expression was ntroduced in the 1950s - see
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression
>
> Michael

David Carlson