[GNC] Fwd: Changing report title of the General,Journal; was: Solving printer issues

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Tue Oct 6 14:35:53 EDT 2020

Might have gotten to actually look at the problem if had been described
clearer.

> Brilliant!  Thanks to all of you for this guidance. I never realized
> before that ‘export’ will produce an html version.
>
> However — I have not yet been able to change the title of the General
> Journal, not in the Gnucash window (clicking on ‘apply’ doesn’t work),
> not in the Firefox browser print settings, even though I have done it
> several times.  How can I change (actually, not change but add to, the
> title ‘General Journal’ so that it will print on the document as
> ‘General Journal BE 175’?  Doesn’t work in Gnucash & doesn’t work in the
> browser with the print settings, etc. . . .

Appears to be a bug. I might have checked it for myself before now had
the problem been described as "I created a :Journal" report and tried to
us Edit  =+>report options to change the title line. There was a box
provided to do that BUT when I tried to apply that change, nothing happened.

I just tried it. Does not work as it should. Users SHOULD be able to
modify/add to this title. Remember, might be keeping several sets of
books and nice to have the "which" in the title when exported.

Michael D Novack