[GNC] Account view question

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Oct 8 13:01:22 EDT 2020

There is one other option, but it might cause issues elsewhere.

As you noted, there is a column you can show for 'Present/Balance/Total
(period)' Total would be what you want for a delta. Then go to
Preferences > Accounting Period and set explicit dates to whatever
'yesterday' and 'today' are with the calendar picker. Of course, you'd
have to update this every day, so a bit of work, but much less than
generating reports daily and exporting to spreadsheets.

Since this is redefining your accounting period, other standard reports
will be off by default but you can define their dates back to your real
period like month, quarter, year, etc. And you can save those report
configs to save clicks every time you run them.

I would think another column made available for 'Present/Balance/Total
(custom)' could be useful. The user can then define what this interval
is, such as daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and custom dates.

Regards,
Adrien