[GNC] Data Entry Overload - Create Bill + Post Bill + Pay Bill vs just Pay Bill?

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 11:38:15 EDT 2020

Posting Bills allows you to keep track of AP and provides data to the Bills Due Reminder...
However some routine expenses may just get paid without going through the steps of creating and posting and paying a bill.
For a small venture posting bills can require a lot of keyboard time... even duplicating a bill requires a number of steps, data entry, and clicks and can eat up time if you have a bunch of them to do...
Example, we have a couple of vendor from which we get 50+ to 100+ charges per year. They each are on auto pay and are mostly for the same amount per charge... but each charge is for a different thing... so descriptions, due dates, etc are different for each item.
(You can think of these as if they were an annual listing or service fee... one for each item.)
I got reminded of this recently when we made an effort to enter/create Bills for the 100+ charges that were going to occur for Vendor-A over the next 12 months... again, the big corporate vendor does not supply a monthly Bill listing all charges for that month... the item fee comes up and gets auto paid... so 100+ transactions per year for that one vendor.

It is a lot less work to just enter each payment into the system as opposed to first creating a bill then posting a bill and then paying the bill.
How do you all choose which things to create Bills for and which things just Pay?
Thanks.