[GNC] Will the file myStuff.gnucash work on Linux & Windows machines?

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 22:30:22 EDT 2020

1. Dropbox syncs between the cloud and the local pc's automagically for me
so a copy of the updated file is always copied down to the local pc into
the Dropbox folder when the pc is turned on.

2.  I run FreeFileSync manually on demand to just sync the data file in my
local Dropbox folder with my local GnuCash data folder.  You can set it up
to run automatically or on a schedule I think from memory - never bothered
with that myself tho as I want to sync when I'm happy with the GnuCash
updates I've done in the current session. Having it locally in the Dropbox
folder and the Gnucash data folder is handy when you've really screwed
things up in Gnucash - you can just copy the latest unupdated file from the
Dropbox folder back over the screwed up one in the GnuCash data folder if
worst comes to worst :-).

3. I'm just using FreeFileSync to sync the file from my local Dropbox
folder to my local Gnucash data folder.

There are other options for syncing out there such as Rsync.

Cheers David H.