[GNC] GNUCash 3.x and 4.x compatibility

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Oct 12 13:23:27 EDT 2020

I would stick with one or the other as they are different major
versions. You shouldn't have any issues running two different minor
versions such as 4.0 on one machine and 4.1 on another. There might be
exceptions in some rare cases, but the devs will let everyone know if
that happens and which versions are affected.

Compiling on Linux is not difficult but it does involve some reading and
initial setup of the build environment. Another easy option is to use a
recent Flatpak, but that too has some sandbox issues you may need to
work around. (printing comes to mind, and I think there are some
workarounds needed for using a db backend with Flatpak)

Otherwise, just install the same older version on Windows.

Regards,
Adrien