[GNC] Exchange rate of income statement report

Gal Bar Mashiah galbarm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:37:54 EDT 2020

I have expense accounts in several currencies, for example:
Expenses:Food:USD
Expenses:Food:ILS

I run the income statement report for 2013 for example, select only
Expenses:Food account (and its sub accounts) and select ILS as the currency
report.
The Price source chosen is Nearest in time.

While I expected each Expenses:Food:USD transaction to be translated to ILS
based on the transaction date exchange rate (the price database is
populated with that data), what I actually observed is that all
Expenses:Food:USD transactions are translated to ILS based only on a single
fixed exchange rate, in this case - the exchange rate as of the report end
date 31/12/2013.

Is this the expected behavior?
Is there a way to achieve the behavior I was expecting?