[GNC] transaction report missing subtotals

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 20:21:55 EDT 2020

 I missed the OP but saw a followup on this question. Here is my attempt to explain Transaction Reports Monthly Totals.
I'm running Windows 10 and GnuCash Version 4.1 and getting Transaction Reports Monthly Totals seems to work perfectly here.
My Process:
- Click Reports
- Click Transaction Reports
- Click Edit Report Options
.. On General Tab - set date range
.. On Accounts Tab - select Assets > Current Assets > Checking (or whatever accout you choose)
.. On Sorting Tab - set Primary Key to Date to "enable " Primary Subtotal Date Key)
.. On Sorting Tab - set Primary Subtotal for Date Key to "Monthly" (thats the default on my Win 10 GnuCash)
.. On Sorting Tab - Make sure Primary Subtotal is checked
.. Click Apply or OK

and KaBoom - there you go

PS - You can also use the Filter Tab to... for instance... only show transactions with a key word in the Descriptio Memo or Note Fields...
BUT... this is tricky so make sure your case matches as the Filter uses Regular Expressions...
or if you know Regular Expressions you can match any way you like.

Hope this helps.

    On Friday, October 16, 2020, 5:43:28 PM EDT, Gal <galbarm at gmail.com> wrote:

 Christopher Lam wrote
> Can you attach a screenshot of the problem?
>
> Use MSPaint or something to hide any sensitive data. Also switch on
> "General / Add options summary" to "Always" to show us which options were
> set.

Having the same issue. can't get monthly sub totals.
Here's a screenshot:
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378905/trans.png>