[GNC] v4.2 report numbers change over gnucash restarts; Price Database dropping user:price-editor entries.

Phil Diacono satphil at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 01:15:28 EDT 2020

Hi team,

I have a vague recollection something like this happened a few years ago
 but it was just a display issue, restarting gnucash would display the
seemingly missing manually added currency conversion rate.

However with v4.2, I'm actually seeing the added conversion rate for the
end-of-financial-quarter date being lost after a restart of gnucash.
What's more conversions in reports with settings "nearest" are now
pulling in an entry from a different date (since the eofq date has
disappeared), so the reports' numbers have changed between gnucash sessions!

Eek!

Procedure:

Example report: Balance Sheet, options -> commodities -> Price Sourcec:
Nearest in time and tick "Show Foreign Currencies" and "Show Exchange
Rates".

Line item for Paypal-USD reads:
US$898.50   A$1,1239.99  (= exchange rate of 1.380067, presumably taken
from an existing 10 Oct 2020 Price Database entry 1.380063)

Define exchange rate for end-of-financial-quarter:
Tools -> Price Database -> Currencies -> USD (US Dollar) -> Add ->
Namespace: Currencies
Security: USD (US Dollar)
Currency: AUD (Australian Dollar)