[GNC] Run gnucash-cli commands with Flaptak install?

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 14:53:55 EDT 2020

Hi Colin,

Am 18.10.20 um 16:22 schrieb Colin Arndt:
:
> I used to run:
> gnucash-cli --quotes get /path/to/GnuCashfile
>
> From the docs I can see I need to enter the following to enter the GnuCash command line environment:
> flatpak run --command=sh org.gnucash.GnuCash
>
> Can these be combined into a single command on the host system?

I just tried:
flatpak run --command=gnucash-cli  org.gnucash.GnuCash --version
GnuCash 4.2 development version
Build ID: git 190d5f1+(2020-10-15)

Watch the order of the options!

> Feel free to let me know if this is more of a Flatpak question than a GnuCash one, though I figured others may have experience with this.

see:
flatpak --help
flatpak --help run

That command should give you more infos than you need.

> If nothing else, getting the solution in the list here gets it into the archives if others want to replicate it.

But it would be better, if you would add it to the wiki page. ;-)

> Thanks,
> Colin

Regards
Frank