[GNC] 4.2 on Windows 10 keeps randomly crashing

randix butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 23:18:28 EDT 2020

I'm running GnuCash 4.2 (Build ID: 4.2+(2020-09-26)) on Windows Pro 10, Dell
XPS 13, and have also experienced repeated crashes which do not involve
thousands separators. As in the case of the other poster, it has only
occurred after upgrading to 4.2.

Most of the following may be irrelevant, but this is when I encounter it:

1. I always enter my 4 or 5 weekly payroll transactions ahead for the coming
month, that include the net amount to be paid to me, and then in the split
the gross with all of the usual tax deductions.

2. On Friday when my employer's check posts to my account, occasionally it
will differ by a few cents from what I had originally entered.  After I
figure out what tax deduction accounts for the variance, I open up the
transaction in GnuCash and edit the line in the split, eg from $548.44 to
$548.46 or whatever. /When I move to the next line in the split (eg out of
the line I edited), GnuCash crashes. / I can do the same thing over and over
on that transaction, and it always crashes.

3. I finally figured out (after being beat over the head enuf times), that
if I change the line in question that needs to be edited and then hit SAVE
in GnuCash, eg *without moving off the line*, I can then go ahead and edit
any other lines in that transaction and all is good.

The above situation is the only instance where I've experienced a crash,
albeit it has occurred numerous times.

fyi and fwiw