[GNC] Simultaneous Users? Cloud Access? Split FE & BE?

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 25 11:29:59 EDT 2020

- I have always considered GnuCash as a program that must be installed on the local machine.
- With the myBiz.gnucash file also on the local machine.
- This means that two users can not open GnuCash on their respective machines and access the myBiz.gnucash data file at the same time...
1 - Right so far?
2 - Am I also correct in assuming that the gnucash.exe is essentially the data base's front end while myBiz.gnucash is the back end containing all the data?
3 - If so is there anyway to keep the back end with the data (myBiz.gnuCash) in the cloud and point the frond end on your local machine (gnucash.exe) to the data stored in the cloud... like maybe stored on MyDrive at Google or where ever?
Thanks for any help.