[GNC] Importing qif from Moneydance

Reed Nelson nelsors at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 16:30:21 EDT 2020

 I removed the CX from the gif and I am now able to import the gif files.
Thank you Derek!
Reed

    On Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 11:44:45 AM CDT, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:

 Hi,

On Wed, October 28, 2020 12:16 pm, Reed Nelson via gnucash-user wrote:
> I tried to import a test bank account qif from Moneydance version
> 2020.1(1928) into GnuCash version 4.2 (Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS).   I installed
> GnuCash with the software install app  (Software 3.36.1)
>
> Below is the error message and qif file contents.    I could not find the
> log file to get more information on the errors nor figure out how to start
> GnuCash via command line in a terminal.
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions.
> Thanks.
>

> Reconciliation status: Unrecognized status ' '. Defaulting touncleared.

I can't tell the cause of this report.

> Transaction amount:Unrecognized or inconsistent format.

This issue is due to the 'CX' in the amount.

> gif file contents:
> !Type:Class
> NMy Finances
> DMy Finances
> ^
> !Type:Cat
> !Option:AutoSwitch
> !Account
> NTest Bank Account
> TBank
> ^
> !Clear:AutoSwitch
>
> !Option:AutoSwitch
> !Account
> NTest Bank Account
> TBank
> ^
> !Type:Bank
> D12/31/1969
> T100.00CX

This CX is the issue for the "amount" format error.

> POpening Balance
> L[Start Balance]
> ^
> D10/28/2020
> T-50.00
> PCheck
> LOther:No Category
> ^

      Derek Atkins                617-623-3745
      derek at ihtfp.com            www.ihtfp.com